For Sale By Owner
Buying And Selling
The legal team at Evans Law Firm, P.C., is a premier resource for matters across the spectrum of Illinois real estate law. Our attorneys’ outstanding credentials and wide-ranging knowledge are invaluable assets for clients ranging from first-time buyers to seasoned investors.
Timely, Cost-Efficient Services For Buyers, Sellers, Investors And Landlords
If you are purchasing, selling, developing or leasing property in Illinois, you can turn to Evans Law Firm, PC’s real estate attorneys with confidence. Based in O’Fallon, Illinois, we are in tune with the market, emerging trends, evolving financing options and the strategies that best serve our clients’ interests. Well-established strengths of our firm include:
- The real-time responsiveness and efficient processes necessary to complete residential real estate transactions — including short sales — as smoothly and cost-effectively as possible
- The insight, negotiating savvy and contract knowledge essential for executing successful commercial real estate transactions, including business-critical leases
Real Estate Property Disputes
Real property includes land, both residential and commercial, and improvements to land such as roads and buildings. Real property disputes are particularly complex when they involve more than two parties, as is often the case.
Examples of real property disputes include disputes between:
- The buyer and seller of residential or commercial property over a failed deal
- Homeowner associations and their members over administration of the association
- A broker and his client over whether he rendered services adequately and performed all of his duties as an agent
- Development companies and clients over contracts for the construction of a building
- Adjoining property owners over boundary lines, easements, or property use
- Commercial property owners and local government agencies over zoning and land use issues
- Those who share ownership in real property over whether to partition (split up) or retain the property
- Real property owners and government authorities who wish to initiate eminent domain or condemnation proceedings
- Real property owners and title holders such as mortgage companies over debts owed
- Contractors and subcontractors over the manner and timing of the building process
Real property lawsuits may seek financial compensation for damages arising out of unlawful behavior, or they may seek injunctive relief. Injunctive relief permits the court to order the defendant to do something other than pay money, such as signing over property, repairing a defective condition, or refraining from interfering with another property owner’s rights.
Declaratory relief is also available in some real estate disputes, where the court can render a decision regarding the rights, duties, or obligations of the parties without ordering them to perform an act or pay damages.
However reasonable you may be in working with tenants, and however well you maintain your rental properties, problems can arise that threaten to cost you serious money and time. Landlords dealing with nonpayment of rent and problem tenants can benefit greatly from experienced legal counsel.
Practical Counsel And Effective Representation For Illinois Landlords
At Evans Law Firm, PC, we have extensive experience navigating the eviction process properly and effectively for landlords — as well as identifying alternative solutions that are sometimes more cost-effective. At our firm will analyze your situation and all viable options, advise you accordingly and take action to get your property back, which may include:
- Negotiation of a mutual release agreement if the best path is to release claims on both sides without proceeding with a formal eviction
- Proper completion of all necessary steps for a lawful eviction, with emphasis on timeliness, affordably and dependable protection of your best interests as a landlord